Enjoy the blue sky and feel the joy brought only by Summer. Discover the nature of San Diego! Whether interacting with ocean or Hiking, you can do all of them here. Enjoy outdoor activities while protecting the environment.
Here are some activities to help get you outside this beautiful time of year.
- Tide-pooling! Grab a friend and head out to Cabrillo National Marine Sanctuary, Sunset Cliffs, or La Jolla Shores. Explore all the critters in tide pools. Make sure to tread lightly, because you are walking on their homes.
- Surfing. The more you surf, the more you get a first-hand experience of interacting with the ocean and all of the creatures there.
- Hiking. Hiking is free, fun exercise that anyone can do. Be sure to pack water in your reusable water bottle and head out on an adventure!
- Kayaking. If you are someone who prefers to be above the water rather than in the water, this is the summer sport for you. Kayak at La Jolla Shores, Mission Bay, or any waterway near you and discover the wildlife.
- Stand-up Paddleboarding. Whether you decide to surf, kayak, or SUP, don’t forget to grab any litter you see while paddling in or out to drop in the nearest trash bin when you finish! This helps us continue to work on the goal of leaving nature in San Diego better than you found it.
Read more on ilacsd.org